The next phase of consultation on the Western Distributor will begin from mid-April, after Easter and the school holidays.
Concept designs will be released in mid-April for discussion. The designs are not final – you will be able to provide feedback on different options for the road design, including the tunnel length and connections to Hyde Street, CityLink and the city. Your feedback will help inform the next stage of design.
We will also be discussing topics that we’ve heard are important to local people – air quality, noise, cycling and walking, urban design and construction. Your input on these topics will help inform impact assessments being undertaken for the Environment Effects Statement.
All feedback will be considered in the requirements and advice we provide to design and construction companies tendering for the project.
You will be able to view the latest information and have a say on the project at drop-in consultation sessions and through the project website.
Drop-in community consultation sessions
- South Kingsville – Saturday 16 April 9.30am-1.30pm – South Kingsville Community Centre, 43 Paxton Street
- Altona North – Wednesday 20 April 5pm-8pm – Grand Star Receptions, 499 Grieve Parade
- Yarraville – Thursday 21 April, 5pm-8pm – St Augustine’s Parish, 71 Somerville Road.
- Footscray – Saturday 23 April, 9.30am-1.30pm – VU at MetroWest, 138 Nicholson Street
- North Melbourne – Wednesday 27 April, 5pm-8pm – Meat Market, 5 Blackwood Street
- Spotswood – Thursday 28 April, 5pm-8pm – Pumping Station at Scienceworks (enter via Planetarium), corner Booker Street and Craig Street
- Docklands – Tuesday 3 May, 5pm-8pm – Limelight Room at Etihad Stadium, 740 Bourke Street